CIRCLE THEATRE COVID PATRON SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Indoor Performances and Events
All plans are subject to change. Protocols will be revised pending updates from government officials, the status of Covid-19 in the community, advice from medical professionals and other factors to protect health and safety.
Our Commitment to Patrons
Health & Safety Protocols
Following State and National guidelines Circle Theatre is implementing health and safety protocols in order to present live indoor theatre as safely as possible beginning in July, 2021.
The following protocols apply to indoor performances only. For health & safety info regarding our Circle on the Lawn Events, please see our Circle on the Lawn FAQ page
- Patrons, staff and volunteers are required to wear face masks that cover their mouth and nose at all times while in the building.
- Any patron, staff or volunteer who is feeling ill is asked to stay home.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to be prepared to await outside if necessary.
- To ensure social distancing, when entering the theatre, patrons may be directed by staff or volunteers to enter the building from different doors.
- To reduce hand-to-hand contact, Circle Theatre is going Ticket-Free. Patrons will check-in with the name their tickets were purchased under, and ushers will assist patrons to their seats inside the theatre.
- Circle Theatre is limiting the number of tickets sold to reduce theatre capacity.
- Depending on current health & safety guidelines, patrons may be seated in family groups and distanced from the next group or individuals. For the sake of public health, Circle Theatre retains the right to move your seats in order to comply with current social distancing guidelines.
- Circle Theatre has installed see-through plexiglass barriers at the box office to ensure patron and staff safety, and to allow our box office to remain open for walk-ups during our regular daily hours.
- Seating in the first row has been restricted in order to provide safety for performers and audiences.
- When possible, shows will be presented without intermissions.
- Patrons can feel free to exit their seats, even during the performance, in order to use restrooms. With limited seating capacity, patrons should have easier access to leave their seats. Patrons are also encouraged to use our Lower Lobby restrooms to disperse the number of individuals in our restrooms at any given time.
- While waiting in the concession, bar, or restroom areas, patrons will follow social distancing requirements and remain six feet apart.
- Concession and bar offerings are limited, and will only be available if state and national restrictions allow for it.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned with increased deep cleaning procedures.
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Staff are required to wear masks in the building, including during rehearsals.
- Production Staff, and Artists are required to take temperature checks prior to rehearsals and performances.
- Rehearsals may be virtual if needed.
- Backstage production processes will be adjusted to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Social distancing and other safety protocols are in place for all activities in the theatre, both onstage and backstage.
- Personnel are following State and National guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.
As a non-profit organization all ticket sales are considered donations. Refunds directly affect our ability to provide our services to the community, that is why we offer exchanges on tickets for future performances. After the date of your performance has passed, ticket exchanges are not guaranteed. Additionally, we do not guarantee exchanges if you miss or are late to a performance.
During our 2020 Season Intermission we have offered ALL 2020 Season Patrons who have tickets the opportunity to donate their tickets back to Circle in an effort to support us financially during this unprecedented time. Patrons were also given the option to hold their 2020 tickets for use in 2021. Patrons that we did not hear back from by June 15th, 2020 automatically had their tickets held for use in our 2021 Season. If a refund is required out of financial necessity, it must be requested BEFORE the performance date listed on your ticket(s), as we are unable to honor refunds after the original scheduled date. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
BOX OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Friday, noon – 5:00pm
We encourage you to use our online ticketing system as it is open to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the comfort of your home.