You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
MARKETING AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Circle Theatre has an immediate opening for a part-time (20-30 hrs/week) role as the staff individual who creates and manages the marketing and community outreach efforts of the organization. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills, management experience, proficiency in graphic design, excellent organizational skills, event/programming experience, the ability to multi-task and work creatively in a fast-paced environment, superb time-management and prioritization skills, and a passion for Circle Theatre and the theatre arts. This position reports to the Director of Creative and Audience Development.
Candidates Responsibilities Include:
Development of annual marketing plan under the direction of the Director of Creative and Audience Development. This plan traditionally includes: Social Media, Blogs, eNewsletters, Radio and TV.
* Implementation of the annual marketing plan including content development for the above mentioned areas with the support the Director of Creative and Audience Development and Executive and Artistic Director of Circle Theatre
* Maintain the integrity of the Circle Brand through monitoring and/or creating all Circle branded materials
* Maintain Social Media accounts including post and ad creation
* Design Print and Digital Ads including those for West Michigan area ad trades
* Maintain Circle Website through the existing content management toolset
* Create Season Playbill which includes layout integrating show specific content, as well as selling advertising
* Design annual Season Brochure
* Produce Monthly eNewsletter
* Act as Art Director for Promotional Photoshoots & Video Trailers
* Maintain Circle Mailing List
* Monitor website and social media analytics to report of impact of digital marketing to properly focus efforts
* Serve as a representative for Circle Theatre with the Cultural Marketing Group
* Supervise and hire Marketing Intern
* Produce other graphic design elements as necessary
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain/manage marketing budget
* Advanced experience in social media planning and marketing including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
* Proficiency working in Adobe Creative Suite (with emphasis on InDesign and Photoshop)
Thrive independently as well as a member of a collaborative, creative, and playful team
* Be comfortable speaking in front of a live, televised, or recorded audience as a representative of Circle Theatre
* Ability to occasionally work early mornings, evenings or weekends when necessary (ex. Opening Night Festivities and other Special Events, Marketing Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, TV Spots, etc.)
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Noddea Skidmore, Director of Creative and Audience Development. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis immediately. Place “MARKETING” in subject line, cover letter and resume attachments should include the applicant’s name. Email submissions only to: [email protected]
Circle Theatre's Mission:
To enrich, entertain and educate our community through exceptional theatrical arts in an intimate setting.
To learn more about Circle Theatre and our 2019 season, visit circletheatre.org