CIRCLE THEATRE HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Indoor Performances and Events
All plans are subject to change. Protocols will be revised pending updates from government officials, the status of COVID-19 in the community, advice from medical professionals, and other factors to protect health and safety.
Our Commitment to Patrons
Health & Safety Protocols
As COVID-19 restrictions are lifted across the State and we look forward to returning to traditional theatre experiences. We remain ever-vigilant of the health of our patrons, volunteers, performers, and staff and would like you to keep the following commitments and policies in mind prior to your arrival at our theater.
The following protocols apply to indoor performances only. For health & safety info regarding our Circle on the Lawn Events, please see our Circle on the Lawn FAQ page
- If you are feeling ill, for any reason, please refrain from attending your scheduled event. The box office will be happy to exchange your tickets for a future date, free of charge.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to utilize our outdoor veranda and lower lobby when available.
- Ancillary furniture in our public spaces have been removed or reduced to allow for the maximum amount of voluntary distancing during gatherings and intermissions.
- Hand-to-hand contact has been reduced overall with the elimination of paper tickets, playbills, and other paper materials that may pass frequently from person to person.
- Patrons will check-in with the name their tickets were purchased under, and ushers will assist patrons to their seats inside the theatre.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to our upper and lower lobbies.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned. Improved and regular sanitation to all areas of the theatre remain in place, indefinitely.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with all necessary security measures at Circle Theatre. Large bags, luggage, or other bulky belongings are not allowed inside the theater. Management reserves the right to limit access to The Performing Arts Center for any reason.
If for any reason you ever feel unsafe, please inform a staff member immediately.
Circle Theatre and Aquinas College are Weapon-Free Zones. As private property, we reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises carrying a weapon, including those with Open-Carry permits.
From The Aquinas College Handbook:
P.49; Aquinas is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment that supports the academic mission of the College. Firearms and weapons are not allowed on campus without the prior written approval of the Aquinas College President and Director of Campus Safety. The written approval will specify the limitations for possessing a firearm or weapon on College property.
Please recognize that you assume any and all risks occurring before, during, and after an event at Circle Theatre, including injury or illness by any cause. By attending events, you release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, and their respective affiliates and representatives from any related claims.
Implementation of contract tracing; all patrons purchasing tickets are required to provide contact information going forward. All patrons are required to check-in before entering the building for an event, therefore, ensuring that an accurate record of attendance is maintained.
As a non-profit organization all ticket sales are considered donations. Refunds directly affect our ability to provide our services to the community, that is why we offer exchanges on tickets for future performances. After the date of your performance has passed, ticket exchanges are not guaranteed. Additionally, we do not guarantee exchanges if you miss or are late to a performance.
During our 2020 Season Intermission we have offered ALL 2020 Season Patrons who have tickets the opportunity to donate their tickets back to Circle in an effort to support us financially during this unprecedented time. Patrons were also given the option to hold their 2020 tickets for use in 2021. Patrons that we did not hear back from by June 15th, 2020 automatically had their tickets held for use in our 2021 Season. If a refund is required out of financial necessity, it must be requested BEFORE the performance date listed on your ticket(s), as we are unable to honor refunds after the original scheduled date. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Rehearsals may be virtual if needed.
- Personnel are following State and National guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.