CIRCLE THEATRE HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Our Commitment to Patrons
Health & Safety Protocols
We remain ever-vigilant of the health of our patrons, volunteers, performers, and staff and would like you to keep the following commitments and policies in mind prior to your arrival at our theater.
We are following the MDHHS and Aquinas College COVID-19 policies.
As of March 7th, 2022, per Aquinas College policy, masks will not be required indoors. Those who are feeling ill are encouraged to wear a mask. Those who would like to continue wearing a mask are welcome. Concessions and select dates for Lobby Bar remain open.
We will make official changes to our guidelines if MDHHS or Aquinas College post new policies as they arise.
We have additional information, including our new sanitation procedures located in the tabs below.
To keep the air in our theatre continually clean and refreshed, our AC is on, and running continuously throughout the performance. We encourage you to dress for cooler indoor temperatures regardless of the heat outdoors.
If for ANY reason you are feeling under the weather, please give our Box Office a call at 616.456.6656 or email us at email@example.com, and we will gladly arrange an exchange for a future date.
- If you are feeling ill, for any reason, please refrain from attending your scheduled event. The box office will be happy to exchange your tickets for a future date, free of charge.
- As of March 7th, 2022, per Aquinas College policy, masks are not required indoors. Concessions and select dates for Lobby Bar remain open.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to utilize our outdoor veranda and lower lobby when available.
- Ancillary furniture in our public spaces have been removed or reduced to allow for the maximum amount of voluntary distancing during gatherings and intermissions.
- Hand-to-hand contact has been reduced overall with the elimination of paper tickets, playbills, and other paper materials that may pass frequently from person to person.
- Patrons may check-in with the name their tickets were purchased under or by scanning the ticket QR Code on a mobile device or printed ticket, and ushers will assist patrons to their seats inside the theatre.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to our upper and lower lobbies.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned. Improved and regular sanitation to all areas of the theatre remain in place, indefinitely.
- To keep the air in our theatre continually clean and refreshed, our AC is on, and running continuously throughout the performance. We encourage you to dress for cooler indoor temperatures regardless of the heat outdoors.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with all necessary security measures at Circle Theatre. Large bags, luggage, or other bulky belongings are not allowed inside the theater. Management reserves the right to limit access to The Performing Arts Center for any reason.
If for any reason you ever feel unsafe, please inform a staff member immediately.
Circle Theatre and Aquinas College are Weapon-Free Zones. As private property, we reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises carrying a weapon, including those with Open-Carry permits.
From The Aquinas College Handbook:
P.49; Aquinas is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment that supports the academic mission of the College. Firearms and weapons are not allowed on campus without the prior written approval of the Aquinas College President and Director of Campus Safety. The written approval will specify the limitations for possessing a firearm or weapon on College property.
Please recognize that you assume any and all risks occurring before, during, and after an event at Circle Theatre, including injury or illness by any cause. By attending events, you release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, and their respective affiliates and representatives from any related claims.
Implementation of contract tracing; all patrons purchasing tickets are required to provide contact information going forward. All patrons are required to check-in before entering the building for an event, therefore, ensuring that an accurate record of attendance is maintained.
As a non-profit organization all ticket sales are considered donations. Refunds directly affect our ability to provide our services to the community, that is why we offer exchanges on tickets for future performances. After the date of your performance has passed, ticket exchanges are not guaranteed. Additionally, we do not guarantee exchanges if you miss or are late to a performance.
If a refund is required out of financial necessity, it must be requested BEFORE the performance date listed on your ticket(s), as we are unable to honor refunds after the original scheduled date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Rehearsals may be virtual if needed.
- Personnel are following State and National guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.